- SUDAFED® Decongestant 12 hour is now available from the pharmacist (no prescription necessary).
- PE is an abbreviation for Phenylephrine, the active ingredient in SUDAFED® PE Decongestant.
- Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- SUDAFED® Decongestant can be found in most drug, grocery and mass retail stores in the over the counter (OTC) medicine aisle.
- No. A prescription is not needed for any SUDAFED® product.
- No. All SUDAFED® products are aspirin-free.
- If you have high blood pressure, you should consult your physician before taking
SUDAFED®PE Decongestant . As with most nasal decongestants, you should also consult your doctor before use if you have heart disease, diabetes, thyroid disease or trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland.